I don’t know about you, but in the summertime I love a more natural and glowy look. There’s nothing better to me products that are effortless for summer. Today I’m sharing 8 of my must-have summer beauty products for these next few months including the perfect ways to stay protected and glowy!
1. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments — these will give your lips a wash of color + SPF in a simple swipe. No mirror required for this stuff. It fades naturally and can be reapplied on the go. I love that it has just a bit of color instead of just clear balm so it makes you look a little more put together too! My two favorite shades are nude and rose.
2. Colorscience bronzing perfector — I wore this everyday while I was in Florida last month. It has SPF plus it evens out your skin tone and bronzes you up a bit too. That’s all I want when I’m headed to the beach or pool. I don’t want anything super heavy, but if you want something with a bit of coverage this is the product for you!
3. If you aren’t looking for any coverage, the Origins A Perfect World SPF 40 moisturizer is an awesome place to start. It also gives your skin a gorgeous glow so if you don’t need any coverage this is very pretty on its own. Wearing an SPF everyday is crucial if you want to prevent sun damage and premature signs of aging. I like to wear this under my makeup.
4. I don’t know about you, but when my skin gets sun I feel the constant need to exfoliate. I’ve been loving the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant lately. It makes my face feel so unbelievably smooth and moisturizer sinks in much better to exfoliated skin. If you’re feeling super dry, try exfoliating and then moisturize immediately after.
5. Algenist Reveal Concentrated Luminizing Drops – I like to wear more Cream products in the summer as well. This highlight is so pretty and natural. It blends gorgeously into your skin and will give your skin a beautiful glow. Always apply your liquid and cream products before any powders. I put this on after BB Cream to the high points of my cheek bones and it’s perfect for a natural lit within summer glow.
6. The BECCA Backlight Priming Filter has been on repeat in my routine recently. It will give your skin a natural glow which is the perfect canvas to place your makeup on. This is another gorgeous product that looks amazing on its own if you just want to put something on your skin without any coverage.
7. IT Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC Cream — this CC cream has SPF 50 which is some awesome protection! It provides more coverage than your average BB or CC cream which makes it the perfect foundation for me during the summer. Since it has a lot of SPF in it, it will cause flashback in flash photography so it’s best for daytime use.
8. What’s summer without bronzer? Let’s be real, I love bronzer alllll year long, but come summertime my obsession comes out in full force. One of my absolute favorites is NARS Laguna. It has just a bit of sheen without having chunky glitter. It works with so many different skin tones and I love that you can do a bit of contouring with it as well as warming up your face.
I hope that this post helped you and gives you some ideas of products to get for summer! What’s your favorite product to use during the summer? Let me know in the comments below!
Shop my favorite summer beauty products below: