There’s nothing worse than mustering up your motivation to get to the gym just to realize you forgot your headphones. At least, that’s how I feel. I can’t seem to get in the zone without music blasting in my ears. These are my 5 workout essentials that I know I cannot leave the house without if I’m going to the gym.
1. Headphones – This is the most important to me. I neeeeeeed music to pump me up.
2. Comfortable Shoes – The shoes you wear to the gym need to be appropriate for the activity you’re doing. If you’re lifting weights, you’ll want a flatter shoe. If you’re running or cross-training you’ll want something with more support. I highly recommend going to a shoe store that will test how you walk and what your needs are so you won’t do any damage to your body.
3. Water Bottle – Staying hydrated is extremely important all day long, but even more important during your workout. I always carry water with me while I’m exercising.
4. Gym bag – If you’re hitting the gym after the office, having a gym bag is a great way to prepare ahead of time. I like to pack everything so that there’s no excuse to skip the gym even if I’m tired.
5. Post-Workout Snack – Once you’ve gotten in a killer workout, it’s time to fuel your body. One of my favorite things to have after a workout is a green smoothie. If I’m in a hurry or running errands afterwards, I’ll pack some protein powder and a shaker and make a quick shake.
I hope you enjoyed this post! What are you workout essentials? Let me know down below in the comments!
Shop some of my favorite workout apparel below: